Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What I've been knitting... bah bah black sheep


I knit a little black lamb for my cousin's daughter's first birthday... and here it is! It's a free pattern I found on Ravelry that I used back at Easter to knit a little white lamb for our daughter's Easter basket. The pattern doesn't include a tail, so I simply took the instructions for the ear and knit about 5-7 rows of the ear pattern. I also opted out of beads for eyes since the lamb's owners are still little. So I hand embroidered little blue eyes and secured the end of it into a blue bow at the lamb's neck.

Now that I am knitting toys for little ones, I've turned into a bag lady who saves every scrap of yarn from all of my knitting projects to have plush stuffing for the toys. Tip: stuff toy with like colors since they will inevitably peek through.

;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...