Friday, September 30, 2011

Weekend Project: Our daughter's bedroom


Any fun weekend plans?  I'm making-over our daughter's bedroom/playroom this weekend! It feels like a never ending process, one that has been evolving over the last month. We stopped co-sleeping and moved her to a crib in our spare room... but then we soon realized it can't be both her room and our "study" so some major furniture is going to be rearranged, some painted, and more artwork hung to make this little space all her very own baby-proofed room! There is a lot to be done, but I thought I would share a little sliver of what's to come in a future Before and After post!

Above is a framed vintage illustration from a book of my mother's when she was a girl. I love how imaginative it is, plus the colors are really rich. And best of all it was very cheap! The illustration was something we had and the frame was about $9 at michael's (maybe less)! On either side we hung these darling little bird plates from Anthropologie. They were my birthday gift from my mom back in January. It feels like they were destined to all be together!

You can check out some of my inspiration for this project on my board "Enchanting Kid's Room" on pinterest!

Well, have a great weekend! And I'll report back sometime in the near future with a complete post of her bedroom!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...