Thursday, February 28, 2013

What I've Been Knitting: A Toddler Pixie Hat


I have a few knitting projects that I've been meaning to share on the ol blog... The first is this great hat I made for our daughter this winter, she practically lives in it! I've knit this Drops Hat before as baby gifts so I was familiar with the pattern and knew that with a little tweaking it would be great to cover her cheeks on those crisp winter days! I knit the hat back in December and I call it her "Alaska Hat" since I made it specifically for our trip to the great North for Christmas. I chose a magenta eco wool and I knit it with two strands held together for added density and warmth. I then lined the interior of the hat with fleece to make it not itchy and to also make it extra extra warm. This hat was great for the super chilly temperatures of Alaska and has also been surprisingly useful this winter here on the east coast. Plus the point is pretty cute. Hopefully it will fit her big melon of a head next winter as well!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...