Friday, January 14, 2011

Weekend Project: Slipcovers!


With the start of a new year comes the desire for a makeover. Be it your wardrobe or house there are some fast and easy solutions out there. I love slipcovers, they are an affordable way to achieve a big change!

Above: My parents gave us a new glider. We love it.  When picking it out for us, my mom, the amazing decorator/ seamstress she is- mentioned that we could break up some of the overwhelming brown by covering the matching glider ottoman.  I dug through my stash of fabric (leftover from both my mother and sister's projects) and after many cell phone pictures sent back and forth... I decided to cover the ottoman with this blue fabric. It has a nice small white paisley print and I am going to top it off by adding a white nautical- rope trim around the middle of the slipcover- you'll see. During this process I also decided to cover the seat cushion with this red and orange print. (click on image to view it larger) I've been taught that having a variety of different size prints in a room is ideal. Plus I love how both fabrics go with the throw blanket on the back of the chair. SO this weekend I am going to finish this project by making a slip cover for the ottoman!  Below are a few slipcover links I found inspiring and helpful.  What is your weekend project?


Make a slipcover for your ottoman with this design sponge tutorial

The Nester: has a fun chair slipcover tutorial!

And for some inspiration- Pink and Polka Dot posts a Friday Featured Slipcovers each week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...