Tuesday, January 4, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day 3



Day 3: Bigger paper, a more abstract shell.

My thoughts: Today was more laid back and in general I decided to keep in mind the lessons from the first two days. I wanted to preserve some of the white paper and to more carefully hold back on over painting everything. I also wanted the painting to feel like watercolor- for the paint to flow and bleed within the puddles of water. The pools of water in some ways speak to the shell and it's habitat.  I am still conscious of keeping the edges varied in both their value and thickness of line. (click on the image to view it larger)  While painting the idea struck me to make a little video during these 30 days of me actually painting, to show the process, and who knows maybe I'll narrate it, but then again who likes to hear themselves!?!

Check back tomorrow for Day 4 
and 
for my Wednesday "Handmade Shout-out!"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...