Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Petite Individual Cherry Pie recipe


I Heart Cherries- BIG TIME. I wrote a post about my love for them HERE.

I've been craving a good 'ol cherry pie all summer and after buying a little bin of sour cherries at the farmer's market- I set out to make myself my very own personal cherry dessert- a pie, a crumble if you will! SO here's a how to....




First I pre heated the oven for 350...
Then I washed the ruby jewels, de-pitted them with my de-pitter (as seen above) then placed them into one ramkin. I sprinkled a bit of sugar on top and let them sit while I mixed up the pie crust- like topping.




The crust: Like the crumble I've mentioned before- I used the same recipe for the crust.
In a bowl mix 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour and 1 egg. Put the mixture on top of your dessert then drizzle butter on top of that (usually one stick for the large casserole crumble, but I used a tiny amount on this). I made half this portion and saved the rest in the fridge for later in the week. I sprinkled a touch of sugar on top once again! ; )




I cooked the treat at 350 for 25 mins, or until the crust was golden and the fruit juice was bubbling. 




The English in us- inspires my family to pour heavy cream on our fruit desserts- and so I did just that, but of course Ice cream is good too! Overall this was a SUPER fast dessert for one person. It was on the healthy side- ie natural and minimal ingredients, no preservatives or weird food coloring or corn syrup....
I can see this being a fun dessert to make for an intimate dinner party! I'm sure this wont be my last cherry pie of the summer!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...