Thursday, February 24, 2011

like a hole in the head



I need more art like I need a hole in the head... but like with an after dinner chocolate, you can always squeeze one more in!!  And so I wanted to share the work of Samantha French.  Her paintings are available on poppytalkhandmade as archival prints. They measure 11x14 and come with a 16x20 matt for easy framing, all for $75- a deal with the matt! I love the subject matter of these two swimming prints. I grew up around water and although hesitant at times, I swam often and reveled in the peace and solitude that comes while underwater... these images take me to those moments, especially the last print.  I just love the line of gray paint that morphs out of a patch of gestural paint at her chest and traces a contour line down the front of her suit.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...