Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Green Living: Look Book


Announcing a NEW series to Tiptoe Through: LOOK BOOK

As part of my New Year's resolutions/ and just turned 30 theme- I've been thinking a lot about my wardrobe- stay with me here!  Perhaps it's the result of wearing maternity clothes for most of 2010, in addition to no moneys and thus no new clothes etc... as a result I have been giving my wardrobe a lot of thought... I feel that turning 30 in conjunction with becoming a mother (eep, no mom jeans here!) is a good time for me to reevaluate my style.

My Theory: I want my closet to be like a lovely designed room- all the pieces go together, are selected and edited into a final cohesive look. Essentially- a sign of thoughtfulness, of design, of quality- resulting in clothing that will last for years. another way to think of it- Imagine if you were going to live abroad for 3 months, what would you pack? You would take your best clothes, pieces that can be interchanged with one another to make a variety of outfits, or looks from a few key items.  AND this speaks to my ultimate goal- to CONSUME LESS STUFF!

My friends and I have spoken about this idea over the years- saving up to buy one key article of clothing a season, instead of buying a bunch of cheap $hit that has a short life span. Yes it might feel painful at first to drop all that cash at once and on one article of clothing, but ultimately you save in the long run by buying better quality and you will be more Earth Friendly!

So this "look book" will take an interior as inspiration for an outfit. Stay tuned for future Look Books!

above:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...