Tuesday, March 5, 2013

What I've been Knitting: Top Knot baby hat for the next little one...


Our second child is due in April, and even though it will technically be spring, the little one will still need a hat. Since we are waiting to know our baby's gender until its time of arrival, I thought a little top knot gray hat would be appropriate and gender neutral. (although I feel like we are having a boy, I'm not as entirely confident as I was when guessing our daughter's gender!) The pattern was very easy and free, here's the link! For the border I simply did one row of knit followed by one row of purl, to avoid any curling of the brim.


The yarn I chose was "Sublime" a baby cashmere merino silk blend, very soft and a great color! I have a good amount of yarn left over that could be used for a knit toy, or perhaps a little baby scarf!?


I'm looking forward to having our babe wear this little one.


And here's our daughter in October of 2010 at two days old sporting the pink hat I knit her. This is how confident I was that we were having a girl! ; )


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the hat! Thanks for posting the link. I can't wait to get started on it :)

And congratulations on #2!!! I don't know how I missed that, but so very exciting <3

Unknown said...

Hi Abby, just thought you might like a post I just posted in my blog: http://pslsunshine.blogspot.com/2013/03/i-cord-addiction.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...