Monday, August 30, 2010

My Weekend @ Picnic Craft Fair in Portland Maine


As I mentioned on my blog- I participated in this year's Picnic Music and Arts Festival in Portland, Maine! Picnic is always so much fun and this year did not disappoint! I met up with vendors from past events and put faces to fun Maine folk I follow on twitter  like @PedalWench and @eliphantstore while ALSO making new friends! I was optimistic about my success at the fair  and realistic about pushing Knit goods in August especially on such a nice warm day, but some forward thinking customers were right along with me and I had a productive day! 

This week in my Etsy Shop UrbanKnitfits I am going to list some fun hats for fall in Jewel tones and have a little sale. Plus I have more announcements for UrbanKnitfits that I will reveal later in the week so stay tuned!



As far as purchasing something at Picnic, I was really good this year (as I tend to be at most fairs...) and I bought this little Onsie by Pinecone+Chickadee! It's a cute little gender neutral design and color scheme and I bought the 6-12 month size.  This is THEE first thing we have bought for our baby! Seriously. I've been really good about not shopping for this little one! I think not knowing the gender helps, (not to mentioned becoming self employed this summer) plus we still have our baby shower coming up in September and we already have a hand-me-down car seat and stroller, so the bigger ticket items are all taken care of, thus this little onsie was a fun purchase.


Anywho, it was a great Saturday! Stay tuned for my sale announcement and more to come in my knit shop!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...