Monday, October 4, 2010

Let's hear it for October!



I love October! The leaves change, it becomes sweater weather, hot apple cider, pumpkins and gourds, and then we end the month with Halloween! Thus this being the first full week of October I thought a dedicated post was in order. ABOVE: myself as Marie Antoinette and my sister as Queen Elizabeth I, in costumes made by my mother! INTENSE and awesome- shedding a little light on why I love Halloween so much! And below- some links and such to inspire your own October.



Pumpkin Sconces by Martha Stewart. PS: Martha Stewart's Special Halloween Magazine/book is awesome, and very inspiring. Available at Target and pretty much everywhere else. Like my own mother- I'm going to go nuts for Halloween when our kids are old enough.... it's inevitable.



Hot apple Cider recipe and another variation.


A gallery of the best fall hikes around the US.


And as always NOT MARTHA- has a great halloween DIY round up. She will be posting new DIY projects for the busy parent- all throughout the month. I personally love her glow in the dark- halloween bags!

How do you celebrate October?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...