Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Concert going... Patty Griffin


As I mentioned last week, the husband and I had a little date night to celebrate our 5th anniversary. We went into Philly and saw Patty Griffin in concert. It was a very fun evening, I love hearing the stories behind her music. I've realized over the past few years that there are only a few performers I will see live... and Patty if definitely one of them! It was a chill evening and a great performance that inspired me once again to FINALLY learn how to play my guitar! (what's the hold up!?) I also realized that I've been listening to Patty since 1998, but more religiously since 2000.


Here is patty (the night after we saw her) preforming Wild old dog from her new album American Kid. The album is a tribute to her late father. I'm a fan of all of her albums, each one is full of beautifully written folk songs that send me on a little journey. If you want to learn more about Patty, I recommend checking out her live album, Live from the Artist's Den. This album is a great collection of some of my favorite songs plus I love hearing her stories.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...