Friday, November 26, 2010

A Bountiful Centerpiece


I whipped up a little center piece for Thanksgiving yesterday... I used what I had around the apartment and thought I would share the result! First forgive the wrinkled vintage table cloth- a girl with a one month old can only do so much! At the center of it all is my  ISIS Ceramics Desk Brick- a wedding present from my family and I filled it with flowers from my mother in law. 


Then I took the three remaining pumpkins that survived October and nestled them in among two deer antlers and a chewing gum chain my mother made when she was 12. (click on images to view them larger)


Then I took apart my Russian nesting dolls and placed them amongst the scene. The colors- red, purple, green, and yellow just came together with the flowers, the paper chain, and the dolls!


We decided to eat in our living room- a little more festive than the kitchen, not to mention not as HOT!


Thankfully the baby timed her long nap so I could eat my turkey dinner!


I also used paper luggage tags for the place cards (see bottom right hand corner of photo)


And my grandfather holding his great granddaughter! 

I hope you all had a lovely holiday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...