Tuesday, June 9, 2009

what the?!?!!

As some of you may know- I enjoy embellishing sweaters. It can be a fun and quick little project that has a great reward!  I bought this sweater maybe last fall at Target. I added the blue fabric trim and changed the buttons to these fun floral buttons from another sweater....
unfortunately- after washing the sweater- this strange chemical smell started to appear, and after washing it again and again in the hope that the smell would go away- it is even stronger!!!  Everything I have tried has not worked. Perhaps the result of buying processed clothes, every now and then you get a dud...?  Although I have NEVER experienced this before. (btw it's not the buttons, its definitely coming from the fabric.)  I guess I will have to throw out the sweater after I remove the buttons and in the future smell the clothes before I buy them? But honestly no basset hound would have been able to predict this! so weird.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...