Monday, June 15, 2009

Did yah hear about this one?

Apparently this painting- that is credited to da Vinci due to it's similarities to the Mona Lisa- was recently discovered hidden behind the walls of a library.  The painting is now on exhibit in the Museo Ideale in the Tuscan town of Vinci where da Vinci was born in 1452.  Pretty crazy!   I wonder if carbon dating, etc will be able to tell us for certain if da Vinci did in fact paint this painting!?

This reminds me of when I lived in Florence and my friends who were in the Conservation program told me about the Uffizi and how the basement, with it's 5 inches of water, is just full of paintings.  Can you imagine what might be down there and forgotten? Just think there might be another undiscovered painting or a completely undiscovered artist!?!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...