Saturday, June 6, 2009

summer reading part 1

My mom gave all of her children this fabulous book. And for the first time in a long time I am hooked and only at 40 pages in. I had heard about this book a few years ago and saw interviews and read reviews, but just never got around to getting a copy for myself- I guess to much reading for graduate school got in the way!

So here's my opinion- mind you only 40 pages in...

There is a very natural narrative Weisman has. It's the perfect example of how to convey information in a very tangible package.  If I was a college professor I would make my student's read this book as an example for how they should do a research paper.  i.e.- get to really know your research to where you can naturally retell all you have learned in a very interesting and page turning narrative.

anyway! I recommend it!   We are heading to one of the local beaches this weekend and I'll be taking my summer reading!  I'll post a final review once I've completed the book.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...