Wednesday, October 14, 2009

scrimp, save and eat

The Husband and I have been attempting to keep better track of our finances (thanks to the mac program "numbers" we have spreadsheets that would make you blush!).

The only thing, besides rent, that we spend money on- is our groceries. There is a lot of advice out there on how to be a better shopper, and I found a great article that gives praticle advice while covering all the bases! Here's the link.

ON a lighter cooking note- I am making a mental effort at this point to cook more fall goodies! Whole Foods website has a fun assortment of treats and their pumpkin chocolate cake- pictured above, is on my list this week! And keeping my buget in mind, it helps that I have most of the ingredients to begin with.

Happy cooking and share your own fall favorites if you like!

UPDATE:
The husband and I made these for Knit night on October 27th- and they were really good! The pumpkin ingredient makes the cake super moist! It reminded us of "Wacky cake" for those of you who are familiar! I bet it would have been banging with some home made icing, next time. PS- super easy to make!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...