Tuesday, March 18, 2014

New Paintings at GrayDayStudio


Last week I began a new watercolor series. It stemmed from my need to have something therapeutic and almost meditative to do at night after the kids are finally tucked in. I wanted something that I could essentially turn my brain off and do, to get back to making something, to have something that was just for me.  So I began with blind contour drawings, where you don't look down at the paper, then I layered more intentional watercolor washes over top.

I've really enjoyed zoning out, listening to classical (or French) music, nothing that interrupts my train of thought. And I must say it's been awesome!! Just what I needed. And so I listed a set of four today and will list 4-5 tomorrow.




See more in my shop GrayDayStudio.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...