Sunday, August 23, 2009

DIY trash can makeover

I had this idea to make over my trash can and here is the progress I have made thus far. Above is the "before" picture of said can, a hand-me-down from my grandparents.  I spray painted it a warm ivory/white.

I bought these great lobster and crab prints off of etsy (see post on etsy favs for the print shop I mentioned! She's awesome and super helpful!)  I cut out the lobster with a small knife...

And adhered it to the can with some glue... it is still in progress. I am going to add some other lobster and crabs on the other side and a sealant finish over the top to protect the paper and make sure everything is in it's place!  Thought I would share some pictures at the front end of the project! Check back for the final result.

UPDATE: here are the after pictures! I put a crustacean on both sides!




1 comment:

tresorcache101 said...

I have redone some trash cans too and people look at me silly and say "why would you do that when you can buy a new one at the store".....hence the throwaway society. Keep up the good work. Barb

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...