Friday, July 17, 2009

baby hat #2

After the last baby hat I knit- My sister requested that I knit a hat for her friend who is having a boy in August.  She requested the blue and orange and I added the green in because it just looked so great all together.

Again I made the hat on size 6 rounds. I cast on about 64, made a ribbed border and then did the blue in st st and the orange and green in garter stitch.  It's a fun and quick hat- which was good since I had a baby shower deadline to think about!
And like with the other one- when you put it on the little guy the corners will pop up and look like little ears!  I think it's large enough that he could wear it in the fall, and possibly in the spring- since it's so stretchy... although, I don't know, some babies can have big heads!!

I think I will make more hats with the left over yarn and put them on etsy!

1 comment:

sarah said...

no! don't say anything about babies with big heads!! i love my hat abigail... thanks so much for whipping it up in time!i'll pst a pic once he arrives and is chilly enough to sport it. 4 more weeks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...