Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Visiting Portland, Maine?!

We have almost been in Portland, ME for a year- come May, and I thought I would look back on our time here so far and do a little review- in the theme of being a hostess for my out of town guests.  I will preface by saying this blog post is essentially a food review- but I can't help it since Portland is known for it's great restaurants!

Also use this post as your own Guide to Portland!

Eats:
Duck Fat- known for its fries cooked in duck fat- this place is a must. I love their chai milk shakes and add one of their paninis to the mix and you have yourself a tasty meal!
The Lobster Shack- a picturesque location right along the water in Cape Elizabeth- makes this an ideal spot for some Maine Lobstah! (note only a 15 min drive from portland and they serve other seafood, etc in case you have a crazy-doesn't like Lobster- person with you!)
The Lobster Company- if you want to stay intown, the Lobster company is a great spot! When my sister came to visit we ordered their Lobster rolls for take out and ate them on a blanket on the Eastern Promenade. Their rolls are essentially whole big chunks of Lobster with out much if any mayo- super tasty!
Hot Suppa- Perfect for Breakfast! I'm in love with their fried green tomato eggs benedict I can only order that every time! Their menu is super tasty and its a fun spot to get brunch!
Oh No cafe- our neighborhood go to place for Breakfast and sandwiches. I recommend the #4 with an egg! (it's a bagel sandwich with salmon and spinach and cream cheese)
Otto's Pizza- Thee best Pizza we have found in Portland! Great fresh ingredients and it really hits the spot! The closest thing to the Philly/ny style pizza I grew up on.
Paciarino- Italian restaurant by a husband and wife who moved to Portland from Milano and opened this fabulous resaturant. Perfect for Lunch or dinner and they also sell packaged pasta and  sauces for quick delicious meals at home!

Fine Dining: If you really want to eat and have the cash flow- or in my case your parents are in town, here are some great spots!
Evangeline- French Restaurant and it's amazing! I blogged about it earlier here.
Fore St- Great atmosphere with a local and seasonal menu, very good!
555- Another great restaurant! I recommend their lobster macaroni.

I hope you plan a trip to Portland in your future. Let me know your favorite eats!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...