Monday, November 3, 2014

A sketch or two from GrayDayStudio


I'm in the studio today working on a few commission paintings for the Holiday gift giving season. It's so exciting and an honor to be entrusted with such an important gift. Some of the pictures I am working from are truly great, there is so much I want and hope to capture. Sometimes I often make a list for a painting of areas that are of the utmost importance. Preliminary sketches help me to see the picture in a new light as well... I learn a lot from the sketching process that then helps inform my decision making when it comes to the final piece.

Since these are gifts, I can't rightly share them on my blog, Facebook, or instagram until after the holidays... you never know who is watching, wouldn't want to ruin the surprise. So in the meantime here are a few of my own sketches I would like to share.

Above is a little illustration I made after our trip to England in October. I'm not sure how finished it is, but I'm enjoying inventing more illustrations to flush out that section of my portfolio with the intention to receive illustration commissions.


And here is a little sketch I made of our daughter twirling in our kitchen the other week.

If you are interested in giving a gift of custom art this year, feel free to check out my ETSY shop and the Custom portrait Section!

Have a great start to your week!

best,
abigail

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...