Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Like a Lion!

March has come roaring in like a Lion with Delaware's annual snow storm, that's right we get about one big one and this was it, for now at least. Cameron and I went to my folk's house and Cameron helped my Dad with the driveway. Later they went around and plowed for some of the neighbors. How neighborly! 
Poor Millie, I was a jerk and threw her toy out in the snow so I could get this picture of her with snow all over her face. We had almost 6 inches and that easily came up to her chin, so watching her maneuver around was pretty funny!
Some recent knitting projects I finished in the last two weeks. The gray hat- I made for my sister. Complete with three rows of bobbles, which were new for me! Thank you youtube! I made the hat out of gray baby alpaca- soft stuff! The gray cowlneck/scarf was for my Aunt Deb who is here visiting for the week from the UK, and the brown hat is for my Uncle Roger. Now that they own a dog and live on a farm in the country- I thought they might need some warm gear for those long walks!
Here is my Aunt Deb in her cowl-neck/ scarf this weekend. She spruced it up with the addition of a pin. This was made from the same gray baby alpaca yarn. I made it on round 10, or 11 needles- cast on about 130 and then decreased after a bit- hence the bottom part is really big, which is nice if you are wearing a v-neck- it will really cover you up! Then I decreased one more time at the top- so she can pull it above her nose to protect it from the elements!

I'll post pictures of my sister in her hat if and when she sends me one!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...